Yesterday UNN was thrown in chaos as a part of the hostel was razed by fire [click here to read the full news].
Those of who reside in Okeke hall but have travel led, school management has asked all occupants of the remaining series (100 and 200 series) to come pick their things and find where to stay as work will soon resume on the burnt series or probably the whole hall since some walls are now cracked and its not safe for people to use the building for now. As you can see from one of the pictures above, people who are around have been coming to pick their things, so if its possible for you to come, kindly come and pick your things. Those of you who are stil around or not around but dont have where to park their things, feel free to ask for an assistance from us via 08023960959, we will help you in keeping your things safe till you have a place to stay.
Okeke Chibueze has been doing nice and wonderful works there since yesterday as I saw him helping some students in parking and bringing out their things.
Its so unfortunate that:
- A friend of mine who got admission through direct entry lost her first degree certificate she obtained from Uniport and this is unreplaceable.
- 3 of my friends who are freshers that didnt travel with their laptops because they have not activated them lost their laptops.
- All the 300 series occupants lost all their clothes, bags, documents, books, property, etc.
- A friend of mine who just went to Enugu to see her anty hoping to return the next today lost all she had except the clothes she wore to Enugu and handbag she went to Enugu with.
- One girl who planned to travelled today with all her luggage packed, went to withdraw money in first bank, came back and had nothing anymore and so many other victims.
The fire was caused by an electric spark which later became uncontrolable due to some gas explosions.
May God Help Them.
Get Latest University, Polytechnics, Colleges, Admission News And Updates Straight To Your Email Daily