>>>...Continue Reading After The Below Advertisement...>>>
i) Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia; and
ii) Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Awards are scholarship awards made to eligible Nigerian youths after due process by development partners who have entered into Bilateral Educational agreement with Nigeria. These offers could be at the Undergraduate or Post Graduate or both levels as the case may be. The duration of the scholarship offer ranges from 4- 9 years depending on the level of study and the country.
Fields of Study:
a. Undergraduate level - Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc; and
b. Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
A. UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As and Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificate, WAEC (May / June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2014 and 2015).
Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
B. POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP: All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
Steps To ApplyAll qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website www.education.gov.ng and click on READ MORE on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page
- Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online.
- Print the completed Application Form.
- Submit two sets of the Printed Application Forms at the venue of the interview as scheduled below.
NB: (i) Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign language of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
(ii) All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship must visit the website: www.stipendumhungaricum.hu before 1st March, 2016.
- Complete the application form online
- Print the completed form and bring to the venue in addition to BEA application form.
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of the Printed Completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- One certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June only;
- Statement of results must be confirmed by WAEC and forwarded to the Director/Secretary, Federal Scholarship Board, Abuja;
- Two copies of Birth certificate.
- State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) passport sized coloured photographs on white background;
- Academic transcripts and NYSC certificates will be required from applicants for Postgraduate Studies.
NB: Candidates nominated and finally selected by the awarding BEA countries will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
i) Photocopies of Authenticated academic certificates;
ii) Data page of current International passport, and
iii) Specified Medical Reports & Police clearance certificate.
TIME: 9.00 A.M DAILY