>>>...Continue Reading After The Below Advertisement...>>>
1. The strike is embarked upon by the UNN Chapter of the Union. This means that only UNN is affected by the ongoing strike. A non-academic staff interviewed on the issue said it is due to issues its members have tabled before the university administration for a very long time without any favourable response. The members of the Union embarked on the strike to press home their demands which is captioned in a five-point heading which includes documentation, salary increase among others.
2. Due to the strike, offices like the Student Affairs Department, Departmental General Offices, etc. have not been open since the said date.
3. This is just a warning strike. According to the staff, members of the Union decided to embark on the warning strike to give room for other bodies and associations who may want to come into the situation in the interest of the students and the university community. He also said that the strike is the cause of water scarcity which is gradually spreading its effect on campus.
4. Things may get worse. If no good response is got from the university authority, members of the Union plan to stop the circulation of water and supply of power within the university community. According to our source this will be the beginning of many other steps which will be taken in their efforts to ground academic and non-academic activities within the university community.
5. The warning strike will last for seven days after which, if nothing is done about their demands by the university administration, they will shut down the school completely.
THE NEED FOR ACTION
The Union, therefore calls on all unions and associations which have the interest of the students at heart to wade into the matter as a full-blown strike will definitely interrupt academic and non-academic activities within the university community.