>>>...Continue Reading After The Below Advertisement...>>>
Nigeria Police Academy Wudil, Kano State Application for Admission the 4th Regular Course of the Degree Programme
SALE OF APPLICATION FORMS
1. This is to inform the general public that the sale of online application forms for admission into the 4th Regular Course of degree programme of the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, will commence on Wednesday 16th March, 2016 and end on Friday the 5th Of August, 2016.Admission into the Academy is open to both male and female Nigerians of good character.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
2. Interested Applicants are advised to go to the Nigeria Police Academy's Website: www.polac.edu.ng in order to obtain or generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code. The RRR code obtained can be used-to make payment of N3,000.00 through any commercial Bank Branca in Nigeria. Applicants must, in addition, apply through the Joint Admissions.and Matriculation Board as well as sit for the Unified Tertiary Matricul.ation Examination (UTME). Candidates need notselectthe Police Academy as a university of choice in the JAMB form.
However, only candidates who 0btained the minimum UTME scores which is to be determined, by JAMB and purchased the Academy online application form; will be eligible to sit for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
3. Applications are to be submitted online. On submission of the applications, candidates are required to download Acknowledgement Form. Candidates who obtained the minimum national cut-off marks or above, will be enabled to download and print their examination cards.
COURSES OF STUDY
Courses leading to Bachelor's degrees in the following disciplines are available in the Academy:
a. FACULTY OF HUMANITIES. BA in:
Nigerian Languages & Linguistics
History & International Studies
b. FACULTY OF LAW: LLB
c. FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES: BSc in:
d. FACULTY OF SCIENCE: BSc in:
The following are the admission requirements:
a. Candidates seeking admission into the Academy must be Nigerian citizens and must be between 17 and 22 years of age, and must have a height of not less than 1.67 Metres (5 Feet 6 Inches) if male, and 1.62 Metres (5 Feet 4 Inches) if female. In addition, male candidates must have an expanded chest size of not less than 91cm (36 Inches). All candidates must be free from any physical deformity or mental disability.
b. Candidates must have obtained a minimum of SIX (6) credits at the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) conducted by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), the National Examinations Council (NECO) or the National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) at not more than 2 sittings and including a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics as well as subjects relevant to the candidate’s chosen course of study in the Academy.
c. Candidates must also obtain satisfactory scores in both the written examination and the interview and must pass physical and psychological tests of fitness.
d. SSCE STATEMENT OF RESULTS OR CERTIFICATES RELATING TO EXAMINATIONS TAKEN BEFORE 2012 WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
DURATION OF COURSE
Conducted by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), the 8. Candidates admitted into the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil degree National Examinations Council (NECO) or the National Business and course will undergo a combined academic and Police training for a Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) at not more than 2 sittings minimum period of Five (5) Years leading to Bachelor's degrees and including a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics as commission into the Nigeria Police Force. as Assistant superintendent of well as Subjects relevantto the candidate's chosen course of study in Police (ASP) the Academy.
c. Candidates must also obtain satisfactory scores in both the written examination and the interview and must pass physical and
SELECTION EXAMINATION DATE, CONDITIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
6. The Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil Selection Examination, may be Computer Based Test (CBT) or Pencil and Paper. The examination shall comprise of a General Paper (Section A) which is compulsory for all candidates. It will cover areas such as general knowledge and current affairs, English Language and Mathematics. Other sections are to be selected according to candidate's Faculty of choice. It will be conducted on Saturday the 6th August, 2016. Only candidates who obtained the minimum national cut-off marks or above will be eligible to sit for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination at 12 designated Centres.
The list of Centres is in the Academy Website. Eligible candidates are to bring along to the examination venue their Acknowledgement Form, Examination Card, JAMB Result Slip and two Postcard size photographs(3.5x5 Inches) which should show only from the .chest upwards. At the back of each of the two Postcard size photographs, the candidates must write their name, State of origin, Examination Centre and signature:
7. Only candidates who are successful in the Selection Examination will be invited for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Board screening and interview. The list of successful candidates will be published on our website and in some national newspapers.
MOHAMMED GHALI USMAN