Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following full-time and part-time Postgraduate Programmes of the Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun, Ogun state for the 2016/2017 Academic Session.
1 COLLEGE OF APPLIED EDUCATION AND VOCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY (COAEVOT)
(a) Department of Educational Management
v M.Ed. Educational Management
(b) Department of Counselling and Psychology
v �M.Ed. Counselling Psychology
(c) Department of Vocational and Technical Education
v M.Ed. Business Education
(d) Department of Educational Foundations and Instructional Technology
v M.Ed. Educational and Media Technology
v M.Ed. Childhood Education
v M.Ed. Educational Evaluation
(e) Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
2. COLLEGE OF HUMANITIES (COHUM)
(a) Department of English Studies
v M.Ed. English Language
v M.Ed. Literature-In-English
v Postgraduate Diploma in English Studies
(b) Department of Yoruba Studies
v M.Ed. Yoruba Language
v Postgraduate Diploma in Yoruba Studies
( c) Department of History & Diplomatic Studies
v M.Ed. History & Diplomatic Studies
v Postgraduate Diploma in History & Diplomatic Studies
3. COLLEGE OF SCIENCE AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (COSIT )
(a) Department of Agricultural Production and Management Sciences
v M. Ed Agricultural Science Education with option in:
i. Agricultural Extension
ii. Agricultural Education
v Postgraduate Diploma in Agricultural Science
(b) Department of Human Kinetics and Health Education
v M.Ed. Human Kinetics with the following options:
I. Organization and Administration of Physical Education and Sports
II. Psychology and Sociology of Sport
III. Exercise Physiology
v M.Ed. Health Education with the following options:
I. Community and School Health
II. Health and Safety Education
v Postgraduate Diploma with the following options:
I. Health Education & Promotion
II. Human Kinetics
(c) Department of Biological Sciences
v M.Ed. Integrated Science
v Postgraduate Diploma in Biology
v Postgraduate Diploma in Integrated Science
(d) Department of Mathematics
v M.Ed. Mathematics
v Postgraduate Diploma in Mathematics
(e) Department of Physics
v M.Ed. Physics
v Postgraduate Diploma in Physics
(f) Department of Computer Sciences
v M.Ed. Computer Science
v Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science
B. GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
1. All Candidates seeking admission into any of these programmes must possess a minimum of 5 credit passes, including English Language ( in not more than two sittings) at the Senior Secondary Certificates Examination (WASCE//NECO/SSCE/GCE O/L) conducted by recognized examining bodies such as WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, University of London, University of Cambridge etc.
2. All Candidates must satisfy the specific O�level requirements for the Bachelors degree of the programme they are applying for.
C. SPECIFIC PROGRAMME REQUIREMENTS
I. Master's Programmes:
a. Graduates of Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun or other Universities recognized by the University Senate who have obtained the approved Bachelor's Degree with at least Second Class Honours Lower Division in the field of study.
b. Candidates with Third Class Bachelor's degree and Postgraduate Diploma in the same subject.
c. Candidates with HND (Minimum of lower CREDIT) and Postgraduate Diploma in the course applied for.
2. Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
Candidates seeking admission into the Postgraduate Diploma Programme should possess a minimum of Third Class in the Bachelor's Degree or minimum of Lower Credit at the Higher National Diploma (HND).
D. SPECIAL COURSE REQUIREMENTS
1. Candidates wishing to study Educational Management at Master's degree level must have credit in English Language, Mathematics and Economics at the WAEC, NECO or GCE Ordinary Level. They must also have a certificate in Education
2. Candidates wishing to study Counseling Psychology at Master's degree level must have credit pass in Mathematics at WAEC, NECO or GCE Ordinary Level.
*For Science and other Mathematics related courses, a credit pass in Mathematics at the WAEC, NECO or GCE Ordinary Level is compulsory.
DURATION OF PROGRAMMES
a. Master's degree by Course Work (Full-time Mode) 18 Months
b. Master's degree by Course Work (Part-time Mode) 36 Months
c. Postgraduate Diploma (Full-time Mode) 12 Months
d. Postgraduate Diploma (Part-time Mode) 24 Months.
e. Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Vacation) 2 Long vacations.
NOTE: All Nigerian applicants for Postgraduate admissions must possess NYSC Discharge / Exemption Certificate from the NYSC Directorate.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
1. Candidates should apply on-line with payment of application fee of Ten Thousand Naira only (N10, 000) payable with Master cards or VISA ATM cards. (Print out your receipt after payment).
2. The address for application is www.tasued.edu.ng, thereafter go to "my portal" or " my.tasued.edu.ng/aims".
3. Complete the application form and print out the form along with three referee report forms.
4. The printed on-line application forms should be submitted along with one photostat copy of the following:
(a) WAEC/GCE O'Level Certificate
(b) Bachelor's Degree/ HND Certificate and other certificates.
(c) NYSC Discharge / Exemption Certificate (for Nigerian Candidates).
(d) Marriage Certificate or Evidence of Change of Name(s) where applicable.
(e) Payment receipts.
(f) Birth Certificate/ Declaration of Age
5. All applications should be addressed and sent to:
School of Postgraduate Studies,
Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun,
P.M.B 2118, Ijebu-Ode. Ogun State .
N.B Candidates are required to ensure that their Academic Transcripts and Referees' Reports are forwarded directly to the above address:
6. All applications must be returned within six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
Only application forms submitted with the required documents would be processed.
F. O. Odutuga, MNIM, ACIPM
Get Latest University, Polytechnics, Colleges, Admission News And Updates Straight To Your Email Daily