All O/Level Student Join Our Facebook Group And Get Instant Solutions To All Questions.CLICK HERE TO JOIN NOW [Nigerian Students Only]
NECO GCE 2016/2017 Updates:NECO GCE Page For All Candidates, Enter Here.
Post-UTME Admission List:See List Of Schools That Has Released Their Admission List.
General Admission Requirements:
A candidate for Postgraduate Studies in Delta State University must;
1. Have obtained either a first Degree or Higher National Diploma from any Institution recognized by the Senate of Delta State University, Abraka.
2. He or She must also have at least five (5) Credit Passes in WASC, NECO, GCE (Ordinary Level), NABTEB, including Mathematics and English (as applicable; no equivalents).
3. To qualify for admission into Postgraduate Studies, the requisite qualifications for each programme must have been earned prior to commencement of Programme from either Delta State University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Delta State University, Abraka. Candidates awaiting any requisite result will not be considered.
4. Possess NYSC discharge certificate/exemption/inclusion letter from NYSC.
5. Have Transcript forwarded to Postgraduate School.
Holders of Bachelor’s Degrees in any discipline from the Delta State University or any other University/Institution recognized by Senate with at least “Third Class Honours Degree”
Academic Master Degrees (M.A., M.Ed., M. Sc.)
Candidates must possess Bachelor’s Degree with at least Second Class Honours Lower Division in relevant disciplines of the Delta State University or any other University/Institution recognized by Delta State University Senate.
Professional Masters Programmes: Candidates must possess a minimum of Third Class Honours Degree, in any discipline from Delta State University or other Universities recognized by Senate or Higher National Diploma (HND) of not less than lower credit with years of experience. Programmes include Master in Energy and Petroleum Economics (MEPE), and Master in Communication Management (MCM).
Candidates with relevant academic Masters Degrees from the Delta State University, Abraka or other Universities recognized by the Senate, and must have scored at least a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 4.00 or 60% overall average in Masters Degree to qualify for admission into the Doctor of Philosophy Programme. Specific Departmental requirements can be accessed @ delsu.edu.ng
Duration of Programmes:
- Minimum duration for Postgraduate Diploma (Full time): 2 Semesters
- Minimum duration for Academic Masters (Full time) : 3 Semesters
- Minimum duration for Professional Masters: 4 Semesters
- Minimum duration for Ph.D (Full time): 6 Semesters
(1) Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD), M. Sc., and Ph. Din Agricultural Economics
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD), M. Sc., and Ph. D in Agricultural Extension
(2) Department of Animal Science
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD), M. Sc. and Ph. D. Degrees in Animal Science in various areas of specializations which can be accessed @ delsu.edu.ng
(3) Department of Fisheries
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD), M.Sc. and Ph.D Degrees in Fisheries and Aquaculture.
(4) Department of Forestry and Wildlife
PGD Forestry, M.Sc. Forestry and Ph.D. Forestry
Faculty of Arts
(1) Department English and Literary Studies
M.A. and Ph.D. Degrees in English Language
M.A. and Ph.D. Degrees in Literature in English
(2) Department of Fine and Applied Arts
Master of Fine and Applied Arts (MFA) in Graphics, Ceramics, Sculpture and Textile
M.A. and Ph.D Degrees in Art History and Ph.D. Degree in Studio Art
(3) Department of History
M.A. and Ph.D Degree in History
(4) Department of Languages and Linguistics
M.A. and Ph.D Degree in French
(5) Department of Music
Postgraduate Diploma in Music (PGDM), M.A. and Ph.D Degrees in various stress areas in Music.
(6) Department of Religious Studies
Master of Arts (M.A.) and Ph.D. Degree in Religious Studies
(7) Department of Theatre Arts
M. A. and Ph. D. Degrees in Theatre Arts
Faculty of Basic Medical Science
(1) Department of Physiology
M. Sc and Ph. D Degrees in Physiology
(2) Department of Anatomy
M. Sc and Ph. D Degrees in Anatomy
Faculty of Education
Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) Full-Time, Masters and Ph. D. Programmes in the following areas: Educational Administration, Educational Planning, Higher Education, Guidance and Counselling, Measurement and Evaluation, Library and Information Science, Human Kinetics Education, Health Education, Social Studies, Agricultural Education, Home Economics Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Science Education (Biology, Integrated Science, Mathematics Education and Chemistry Education)
Faculty of Law
Master of Law (LL.M), Ph.D. Law and Master of Law and Diplomacy (MLD)
Faculty of Management Science
Department of Accounting/Banking and Finance
Postgraduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF), M. Sc. and Ph.D. Degrees in Banking and Finance.
Department of Business Management and Marketing
PGD/ M. Sc. Management, PGD/ M. Sc. Marketing
Faculty of Science
Department of Animal and Environmental Biology
M. Sc. and Ph. D. Degrees in Hydrobiology and Fisheries, Entomology, Parasitology and Pest & Disease
Department of Biochemistry
M. Sc. and Ph. D in Biochemistry with various specializations
Department of Chemistry
M. Sc. and Ph.D. Degree in Chemistry with various specializations
Department of Physics
M.Sc. Degree in Radiation & Health Physics, Geophysics and Solid State Physics
Faculty of the Social Sciences
Department of Business Administration
Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA), Master Degree in Business Administration (MBA), M.Sc. Business Administration and Ph.D. Business Management
Department of Economics
Postgraduate Diploma in Petroleum Economics (PGDPE), Masters in Energy and Petroleum Economics (MEPE) and M.Sc. Degree in Economics
Department of Geography and Regional Planning
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D) Degree in Geography and Regional Planning
Department of Mass Communication
M.Sc. Mass Communication
Department of Political Science
M.Sc. Political Science and Ph.D. Political Science
Department of Sociology
M.Sc. and Ph.D. Degree in Sociology
The following programmes are not available in the 2016/2017 academic session. (Prospective Applicants should note).
1. M.A./ Ph.D. (English Language)
2. M.Ed./Ph.D. (Philosophy of Education)
3. M.Ed./Ph.D. (Sociology of Education)
Steps To Apply:
Candidates are required to visit www.delsuonline.com to generate an application virtual pin of N21,000.00 (Twenty-One Thousand Naira) only. Make Payment at any of the follow banks: Ecobank, Fidelity Bank, UBA, Zenith bank and Unity bank.
Login and complete the Delta State University, Abraka 2016/2017 PG Admission form online. Candidates are advised to read the instructions on the home page of the Website www.delsu.edu.ng before completing the application form.
Candidates should submit two hard copies of their applications along with other relevant documents at the Postgraduate School office, Abraka.
1. All Ph.D. Candidates must attach 5 – 10 paged Research Proposal to the application at submission.
2. All candidates must submit photocopies of NYSC Certificate or Exemption Certificate to the Postgraduate School.
3. Candidates must also submit all relevant academic transcripts along with their print out to the Postgraduate School.
All Application processes must be completed by September 20, 2016.
List of those offered provisional admission into any programme can be accessed at the University website on or before September 27, 2016. Screening of provisionally admitted students will commence immediately.
URHIBO, D. A.
Search For Any Latest Schools News Below
Get Latest University, Polytechnics, Colleges, Admission News And Updates Straight To Your Email Daily