>>>...Continue Reading After The Below Advertisement...>>>
The Senate of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta at its Special Meeting held on Tuesday, 20th September, 2016, considered the report of the Committee on Students’ Unrest of Thursday, 18th August, 2016 and took the following decisions:
- Resumption date for the Students
Senate approved Monday, 3rd October, 2106 as the resumption date for the students following the closure arising from the Unrest.
- Arrangement for Security - Facilitation of the establishment
of a Police Station in the Communities opposite the University Campus
by the University Administration
Senate approved facilitation of the establishment of a Police Station in the Communities opposite the University Campus by the University Administration.
- Payment of Claims to People whose Properties were damaged as a result of the Students’ Unrest.
Senate approved payment of claims made by claimants arising from the damages to properties during the Students’ Unrest.
- Formulation of Off-Campus Policy for Students Residing Out-Side the University Campus
Senate approved the constitution of an Ad-hoc Committee on the formulation of Off-Campus Policy for Students residing out-side the University Campus. Senate noted that the off-Campus Policy became necessary in view of the repeated cases of thefts and robberies being experienced by some of the off-campus Students, especially in the Communities adjoining the campus.
- Payment of the sum of Five Thousand Naira per Student as Reparation Fee
Senate approved the payment of the sum of Five Thousand Naira (N5,000.00),(inclusive of REMITA charges) per student as reparation fee.
Senate also directed that in addition to the payment, students should present letter of undertaking to be of good conduct from their parents and affidavit from the Court of law. Deadline for compliance is 4th October, 2016.
- Procedure for Payment
Students should make payment into the University REMITA Account using the following guidelines:
- Visit the student portal: portal.unaab.edu.ng and click on Reparation Fee
- Create and print the “September 2016 Student Unrest Reparation Fee Invoice”
- Pay the fee online via debit card; internet banking or through any bank accepting REMITA Payment
- Return to student portal: portal.unaab.edu.ng and click on “Print Receipt”
- Input your Invoice Number and Print your Receipt
- Take the receipt to your Head of Department for clearance.
- N. B: The University Portal will be open for payment on Monday, 26th of September, 2016