>>>...Continue Reading After The Below Advertisement...>>>
COUNCIL DECISIONS ON THE IMPASSE IN THE UNIVERSITYThe Council of the Federal University of Technology Akure, FUTA, on Friday and Saturday, October 14 and 15, 2016 met on the impasse in the institution precipitated by the Non-Teaching Staff Associations under its Joint Action Committee, JAC. After exhaustive deliberations, the following decisions were reached;
1. Council took note of all issues raised by the Joint Action Committee of the Non-Teaching Staff Unions and Council maintained that the appropriate organs of Government to which the issues have been referred to should continue to handle them in accordance with the laws of the land
2. Council therefore advises leaders of the Unions and JAC to wait for the decisions of the appropriate government agencies currently handling the issues referred to them.
3. Council also directs that All members of the Non-Teaching Staff of the University should resume at their duty posts immediately and go about their duties and activities without let or hindrance
4. Accordingly no form of procession and or protest or any action that could precipitate breakdown of law and order will be allowed within and in the precincts of the University.
5. The appropriate Security Agencies have been fully briefed and have promised to be on hand to provide adequate security for lives and property in the University and its environs.