>>>...Continue Reading After The Below Advertisement...>>>
See Full Details Below:
- Arts and Arts Education:
- Applicant must pass five subjects at Credit level at not more than two sittings in the SSCE/GCE organized by WAEC, NECO, NABTEB and should include the major subjects of study. Note that Credit pass in English Language and Mathematics is compulsory for eventual admission into any programme at the University of Ilorin.
- Two of the five subjects must be from Arts while the rest three may be from the Social Sciences.
Note: There is no preliminary programme in B.A. (Hons.) English.
- Agriculture, Engineering and Technology, Environmental Sciences and Science Education, Technology Education and Educational Technology
Applicants must pass the following subjects at Credit level; English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics at not more than two sittings in the SSCE/GCE organized by WAEC/NECO and NABTEB.
- SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
Faculty of Agriculture will accept Credit grade in Agricultural Science in lieu of Credit grade in Biology.
- DURATION OF PROGRAMME
The programme is for a duration of two Semesters (one academic session)
The preliminary programmee is primarily open to applicants from the Catchment States of the University of Ilorin (i.e. Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Nassarawa, Niger, Plateau, Sokoto and Zamfara States).
- GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Candidates who want to study Engineering must obtain Credit grades in Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics and sit for Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics at the 2016/2017 JAMB/UTME.
- Candidates MUST write the 2016/2017 JAMB/UTME with relevant subject combination to any programme in either Arts or Sciences and MUST obtain the minimum UTME approved cut-off point.
- Applicants are to NOTE that the programme is residential.
- VENUE OF PROGRAMME
The venue of the programme shall be at the School of Preliminary Studies, Fufu, Ilorin South Local Government Headquarters, Kwara State.
- METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates are to visit the University of Ilorin website www.unilorin.edu.ng and follow the link for the 2016/2017 SPS Application. Application forms to be completed online after a payment of N10,000.00 (Ten thousand Naira) only application fee, using interswitch enabled ATM Card either Master or Verve card. After the completion of the form, each candidate MUST download a Local Government Confirmation Form which MUST be endorsed by the Chairman/Secretary of the Local Government Area. A candidate who is offered admission will be expected to bring the form and SSCE/GCE certificates/result slips during registration.
Closing date for application is 10th January, 2017.