>>>...Continue Reading After The Below Advertisement...>>>
1. i) i) UNIVERSITY LIBRARIAN
ii) UNIVERSITY IMAM
i) UNIVERSITY LIBRARIAN
a) DUTIESThe University Librarian is the Head and Officer incharge of the University Library, and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and co-ordination of Library services in the University.
b) QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCECandidates for the post of University Librarian must possess Doctoral degree plus Postgraduate Diploma in Librarianship or a Doctoral degree in Library Science from a recognized University and membership of relevant professional bodies with at least ten(10) years post qualification experience, most of which (8years) must be within a University Library. He or she should have adequate publications in reputable National and International Journals and possess adequate leadership experience as well as high degree of competence, integrity and dependability. The person must be computer literate.
ii) UNIVERSITY IMAM
a) QUALITIES: A prospective applicant most have the following qualities:
1. Must be God-fearing and knowledgeable in Islamic Theology
2. Must possess a high level of spiritual leadership qualities
3. Willingness to support and uphold the University Philosophy and ideals
4. Ability to develop the moral and spiritual mind of both staff and students
5. Must have wide scope of knowledge on Social and Multidimensional issues.
6. Must be courageous and possess ethical and moral attractions
7. Must be fluent in both English and Arabic language.
b) QUALIFICATIONS: B.A, M.A and most preferably PhD in Arabic or Islamic Studies
- Overall superintendence over the functions and activities of the University mosque including sermons, leading in worship and spiritual guidance and counseling.
- Participation in the delivery of extramural classes, the Global Citizenship and aspects of relevant academic programmes.