FUTMINNA 2017/18 Admission Screening Exercise Will Still Hold- DVC

>>>...Advertisement...>>>
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) and Chairman, University Pre-Admission Screening Exercise (UPASE), Federal University of Technology, Minna, Prof. Oluwole Olakanmi Morenikeji has reiterated the institution’s preparedness to go ahead with the 2017/2018 pre-admission exercise despite the strike action embarked upon by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) and the non-academic staff of the University. The don disclosed this during an exclusive interview with Campus News in his office at the Senate Building, Main Campus on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 to appraise the level of preparations ahead of the forthcoming screening exercise.

Prof. Morenikeji stated that the University Management has concluded all logistical arrangements needed to conduct another hitch-free screening exercise that has been the tradition of the institution while expressing optimism that the on-going strike action would not affect the exercise.

The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) disclosed that the University would employ the services of corps members who are serving in the institution to conduct the exercise and other people who have agreed to assist the University during the exercise, adding that since the examination is computer based, there would be no need for many invigilators.

“Those who are willing to assist us to conduct the exercise will be contracted and they will be paid for the job. So, I do not see any problem why the screening exercise will not hold as scheduled”, the DVC (Academic) enthused.

The Chairman UPASE, said the corps members have been trained on the procedures for the screening exercise while revealing that the University is expecting 10, 000 candidates for the exercise and that over 7, 000 candidates have concluded their registrations as at Wednesday, September 13, 2017. He further maintained that the deadline for registration for the screening exercise remains 12 midnight of September 15, 2017 as advertised by the University and that failure to register for the exercise online before the schedule time would amount to disqualification.

On the facilities on ground for the exercise, the Professor of Urban and Regional Planning said the University has increased the number of computers at the Electronic Test Centre from 400 computers to 800 computers so that the exercise would only take four batches per day instead of eight batches that was used last year.
FUTMINNA 2017/18 Admission Screening Exercise Will Still Hold- DVC FUTMINNA 2017/18 Admission Screening Exercise Will Still Hold- DVC Reviewed by EMMANUEL CHINEKS on September 17, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

We Appreciate And Welcome Comments... Please Try To Drop Your Comment Or Views For This Post....

Note : All Comments Are Moderated And No Spamming
Text/Whats-app: +2348107431933.
Available Monday-Friday -10am-6pm

Powered by Blogger.